Vegan donuts with apple filling
˝If you’re looking for ideas for different and slightly special donuts, you’ve come to the right place! These delicious donuts are truly unique and the exact opposite of classic donuts. What makes them special is that they are:
- baked in the oven ,
- have the shape of a regular donut but don’t have a hole through,
- they are stuffed with juicy boiled apples with cinnamon and
- sprinkled with erythritol powder.
The inside of donuts is very soft and fluffy and combination of apples and cinnamon in the middle is truly exquisite!˝
- 500 g flour
- a pinch of turmeric (for color)
- 9 g dry yeast
- 60 g coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 g maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon rum
- 30 g coconut oil
- 250 ml almond milk
- 3 small apples
- 20 g maple syrup
- 70 ml water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- juice of half a lemon
- In a bowl, mix the flour, turmeric, yeast, sugar and salt.
- Add maple syrup, rum, coconut oil and lukewarm almond milk.
- Mix the dough well with a wooden spoon and then knead it with your hands.
- Cover with a kitchen towel and let it rest in a warm place for at least 45 minutes to keep the donuts soft and light.
- When the dough is risen, divide it into 12 equal parts.
- Form each piece into a ball, flatten it a bit and place in a donut pan(make sure there is a little dough left on top, so you will be able to fill the donuts).
- Cover the donuts and leave to rise for 15 minutes.
- When they are ready, put them in a preheated oven at 200°C and bake for 20 minutes.
- While donuts are baking, prepare the filling.
- Peel apples and cut into small cubes and place in a pan.
- Add water, maple syrup and cinnamon and mix well.
- Cover a pan and bring to a boil, add the lemon juice, then cook all together for a bit to soften the apples nicely.
- Take the baked donuts out of the baking pan and turn them around.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, fill the holes with apple filling and pour a little of the liquid that forms during cooking.
You must be logged in to post a comment.